Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That The Poor & Middle Class Do Not!



There Is A Need For Financial Education

Does school prepare children for the real world?Why should I put time into studying subjects I will never use in real life?The richest people didn't get rich because of their educations.The world around us has changed, but the advice hasn't.Getting a good education and making good grades no longer ensures success, and nobody seems to have noticed, except our children.I have been concerned by the lack of financial education our children receive in school.Without financial literacy and the knowledge of how money works, they are not prepare to face the world that awaits them, a world in which spending is emphasized over savings.

One of the reasons the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the middle class struggles in debt is because the subject of money is taught at home, not in school.I can't afford it. vs. How can I afford it?By asking the question "How can I afford it?" your brain is put to work.Proper physical exercise increases your chances for health, and proper mental exercise increases your chances for wealth. Laziness decreases both health and wealth.I noticed that my poor dad was poor not because of the amount of money he earned, which was significant, but because of his thoughts and actions.

By Robert T. Kiyosaki

http://sunset.usc.edu/Research_Group/