Saturday, January 28, 2006

Overcoming Obstacles Before You Start Investing



Before You Start Investing, Overcome The Five Obstacles

1. Fear

2. Cynicism

3. Laziness

4. Bad habits

5. Arrogance

Reason No. 1. Overcoming the fear of losing money.

If you hate risk and worry ... start early.People are so afraid of losing that they lose.Winning means being unafraid to lose.John D. Rockefeller, "I always tried to trun every disaster into an opportunity."If you have little money and you want to be rich, you must first be "focusd," not "balanced."

Reason No. 2. Overcoming cynicism.Buyer's remose affects all of us.

I hold a small portion of my assets in tax lien certificates instead of CDs. I look at them as 2 to 7-year CDs.My point is that it's those doubts and cynicism that keep most people poor and playing it safe.Cynics criticize, and winners analyze.Real estate is a powerful investment tool for anyone seeking finacial independence or freedom.'I don't wants' hold the key to success.A great property manager is key to success in real estate.Instead of analyzing, they close their minds to another powerful investment vehicle, the stock market.

Reason No. 3. Laziness.

Busy people are often the most lazy.Laziness by staying busy.So what is the cure for laziness? The answer is a little greed.The words "I can't afford it" shut down your brain."How can I afford it?" opened up the brain.Our world progresses because we all desire a better life.

Reason No. 4. Habits.

Our lives are a reflection of our habits more than our education.The habits of the rich.I pay myself first, even if I'm short of money.

Reason No. 5. Arrogance.

You can build a better network of investment if you are not humble.

By Robert T. Kiyosaki

http://sunset.usc.edu/Research_Group/